5_4 Release build problems

David david at students.ncl-coll.ac.uk
Sat May 21 08:30:14 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've been installing 5_4-RELEASE on a Compaq DS20E.  It seems to install fine
but when I try a make in cvsup-without-gui libtool1.5 fails to build.  If I
install enough binary packages to allow cvsup to build, when I try a make
update in /usr/src or /usr/ports I receive...

Parsing supfile "./standard-supfile"

***
*** runtime error:
***    Value out of range
***    file
"/usr/ports/lang/ezm3/work/ezm3-1.2/libs/libm3/src/uid/Common/TimeStamp.m3",
line 63
***

Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong or where I can find info about
what currently builds on Alpha?  I haven't seen this with any of my i386
systems.  I'm not doing anything different from those systems - but maybe
that's the problem :-)

Cheers,

David

IT Development
Newcastle College

This email is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
parties to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly forbidden.  If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of
Newcastle College.  Although this email and it's attachments are
believed to be free of any virus or other defects which might affect
any computer or IT system into which they are received, no
responsibility is accepted by Newcastle College or any of it's
associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from
the receipt or use thereof.