Problems with Matrox Mystique in 1000A

Roberto de Iriarte roberto at spock.cl
Tue Apr 22 22:06:12 PDT 2003

Dan Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my AS 1000A 5/400, I've put a Matrox Mystiqe with 4MB of VRAM.  Its
> got the 1064SG chip, which is supported by X11 and the mga accelerated
> driver.  However, XFree86 under both 1024x768x16 and 800x600x16, I get
> _bad_ graphics corruption, consisting of vertical yellow lines down
> the screen in all windows and graphics elements.  Of note is that this
> card is from a PC.  Is there anything I can do about this?  Is it
> something Alpha or bus speed related?  Should I try another slot?  Its
> in the slot the original card was in...

Yes, you should, your system has a pci<->pci bridge. The 64 bit slot(s),
if availible, are in front of the bridge. Try that. Otherwise (I'm
sorry, i do not own an AS1000A, so i cannot tell you what slot to use)
look in the system documentation. PCI Video cards should not be
installed behind the bridge for that very reason (I remember seeing the
very same problem under NT on my AS2100A wth a Matrox).

Regards,
Roberto.