dc0 not working on XP1000

Jarkko Santala jake at iki.fi
Thu Apr 10 21:57:22 PDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 Riccardo.Veraldi at fi.infn.it wrote:

> I Tryed every kind of switch with it and hubs and it works only 10Base/T
> if I force it to 100BaseTX with or without full-duplex it does nto work
> it goes like 2KB/sec. this is the on board dc0.

In order to force 100BaseTX full-duplex, you'll also have to force the
other end. If you don't, what you'll get is very bad performance and
dropped packets.

I've had to force dc0 on this box (PC164, EN500 NIC) to 100BaseTX
full-duplex, it wouldn't auto-negotiate no matter what.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake at iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64