openafs server executables

Derrick Brashear shadow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 05:54:58 PST 2008

> So if I install openafs-client and openafs-server I'll have fs at two
> different place ? Seems ugly to me.

Sounds subjective to me :)

> As I said vos and bos are useless to an user so they should be in the
> server port.

Repeating yourself doesn't make me more likely to agree.

I suppose it depends how atuned to afs the user is but vos will check quotas
where ACLs do not permit, (think help desk staffed by non admins) and bos
can be used to verify that a server is unreachable because, say, it crashed,
or what restart times are. (same idea)

As a student I used them for those purposes uncompensated.

--
Derrick