OpenAFS on FreeBSD Progress (Works)

Matt Benjamin matt at linuxbox.com
Tue Dec 9 10:07:48 PST 2008

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Hi Matt and others,
>

> Matt Benjamin <matt at linuxbox.com> writes:
>
>> As you can imagine, since I'm from the OpenAFS side, I have the
>> following agenda:
>>
>> 1. get official FreeBSD port of openafs server and client
>> established--it sounds like you're on track to do this (more below)
>
> Yes.
>
>> 2. absorb all relevant patches into OpenAFS upstream repo--we have
>> Tony's 64bit fixes, as you saw, and have built these into what I
>> submitted to RT for AMD64 target;  thanks for the pointer to the other
>> two patches, and for putting them into RT already (!);  I'll look at
>> those shortly
>
> Seems I wasn't clear enough. I created a port using *your* diff from
> RT. But added two extra patches. The first one to enable the port to
> be compiled at amd64 and the second one to enable to compile the port
> at FreeBSD-CURRENT.

Sorry, I did mistake you.

Which patches from RT (#s) do you have?  For now, please attach any
patch that we don't have.  I have OpenAFS compiling at amd64, in
#123811, and I thought it compiled at CURRENT (but it maybe stopped at
some point), and will merge any reasonable change you have.

We need to fix RT access.  We really will.

Thanks,

Matt

- --

Matt Benjamin