FreeBSD ZFS advocacy

Kat Dawson k4t at 3msg.es
Wed Apr 1 18:54:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 09:53:05AM +0100, k4t at 3msg.es wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has any user stories or blog posts etc, that they
> could share, that would help provide some corroborating evidence for the
> suitability of FreeBSD for this use.

Thanks for all who responded on and off list.  I presented today and the
proposal was accepted.  The resources and amount and quality of documentation
in the FreeBSD handbook was really powerful in demonstrating that a Free
software solution could implemented and supported even though the
organisation does not have an existing skillset/culture of Free software
usage.

Regards,

Kat
--
"The introduction of a coordinate system to geometry is an act of violence"