Netcraft reliability survey

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Aug 10 19:53:39 UTC 2011

Mason Loring Bliss
cc advocacy@

Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 06:37:44PM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>
> > I restored cc:advocacy at freebsd.org
>
> Posting something sent privately to a public list is inappropriate and in
> general considered rude. Perhaps you've not been using the Internet terribly
> long, so I'll forgive it this time, but look into netiquette sometime. Here's
> a good start:

No one else explained to you how to contribute your info. to FreeBSD
So I tried, as I just knew it would get buried in mail archive, &
FreeBSD would not benefit from your posting unless you bothered to
send-pr & identify a particular FreeBSD web page where we could
incorporate a text & link.

So you wrote:
	1 You don't use FreeBSD,
	2 You are not subscribed to advocacy at freebsd.org,
	3 You do not want to contribute,
	4 You called me a pedant.
		Well I'm easy on (4),
	 	I don't know you, & don't need your opinion after 1,2,3.
But then
	5) You moan about restoral of CC advocacy@,
	   but 1,2,3 are relevant to the list thread,
	   as it's thus clear one of us should do
	   work you refuse.
Ref.:
> If you will not install FreeBSD, Use http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html ,
> Do neither to prove yourself irrelevant to FreeBSD as no page would change.

Now
	6 You insult advocacy at freebsd.org

Please do not abuse list advocacy at freebsd.org

--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.