Netcraft reliability survey

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Aug 10 16:38:32 UTC 2011

Hi,
I restored cc:advocacy at freebsd.org
which Mason Loring Bliss <mason at blisses.org> dropped.

Reference:

Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 01:53:29PM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>
> > Not attached. (Mailman discards attachments on various lists).
>
> I was referring to my message's state on leaving my system. I of course can't
> speak to what external software does to it.
>

> > >  please find a screenshot of the current front page of Netcraft.
> >
> > Not top page now,
>
> Again, I used the word "current" to denote something with a temporal aspect.
>

> > Never was a copy of top page,
>
> Is a photograph of a person still a photograph of that person if it only
> shows their face, or their upper torso? Pedantry can be amusing, but only
> when it's unassailably accurate.

Please file a precise proposal via send-pr, what text should change
from what to what on which FreeBSD page.  Else your post achieves nothing.

> > Nice idea to put a reference somewhere to top 3 all being FreeBSD that month.
>
> Agreed.
>

> > Run send-pr & provide text diff
>
> I'd have to install FreeBSD or some portion of it to have a send-pr that
> knows to talk to FreeBSD project servers.

Wrong.  There's also a live web interface running on FreeBSD server,
2 clicks from top page http://www.FreeBSD.org
	http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

>  This is slightly more effort than
> the good feeling of helping the advocacy effort is worth to me, as it turns
> out.
> > Just posting this list will not achieve it.
>
> In that case, it won't happen, and I'll think nothing more of it! But, in any
> event, thank you for your reply.

If you will not install FreeBSD, Use http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html ,
Do neither to prove yourself irrelevant to FreeBSD as no page would change.

> --
> Mason Loring Bliss             mason at blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
> (if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.