FreeBSD gear (Clothes, machines)

Matt Olander matt at ixsystems.com
Fri Sep 25 21:05:06 UTC 2009

Sorry for the top post but I only have some quick comments ;-)

Great post, Allen. I'm glad you had a good experience with the mall,
Allen. In fact, you are correct, we also host the Slackware site/store
for Patrick and handle all the production details and shipping
logistics. It's better for everyone if Patrick can focus on what he
does best, which is continuing to develop one of the few linux distros
that we'll recommend and support for linux users.

The mall is a division of iXsystems and we try and contribute back to
FreeBSD in a variety of ways. You can see from the Foundation sponsors
page that not only does the FreeBSD Mall contribute but iXsystems
contributes separately as well (and some of the employees
individually, too!):
http://freebsdfoundation.org/donate/sponsors.shtml

We also do other things like establish a FreeBSD presence at
tradeshows, sponsor specific development projects, employ a few people
to work on FreeBSD, etc.

Keep enjoying the best operating system on the planet and spreading
the word like you have been!

best,
-matt

PS - I love my BSD boxers :-D