BSD talks in JRSL, looking for topics

ros freebsd-jobs at bebik.net
Wed Jul 23 21:07:22 UTC 2008

Remko Lodder wrote:
> Sdävtaker wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Im from bug.dc.uba.ar. next month we will have JRSL (free software
>> regional event) here in Argentina, we can get a space to talk about
>> BSD, the event will have 2 publics, newbies and experienced users.
>> I wondering what to talk about. I guess we can talk about PF for
>> experienced users, but what would be a nice topic for newbie public?
>> Licenses comparizon?
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>> Sdav
>>

> You could do a quick introduction to FreeBSD, how it's being build, what
> license is attached, how the processes work, how the community supports
> the FreeBSD Project etc.
>
> I would not start a topic purely on licenses, it should be attached to
> something broader.
>
> Later this year I'll do a presentation (13th of december) in Utrecht
> (Netherlands) where I will be presenting "the life of a FreeBSD
> developer" (or something along those lines), I'll describe my efforts
> for the FreeBSD Dutch Documentation Project, my various roles, how
> FreeBSD works, and things like that...
>
> Hope this helps a bit ;)
>
> Cheers
> Remko

Hello,

For FreeBSD newcomers, something like Robert Watson presentation "How
FreeBSD project works"[1] is a very good introduction to the project.
Specially if the attendants have a strong linux culture :).

Another good presentation is the Kris Kennaway one about FreeBSD 7
changes[2].

Regards
Rodrigo

[1]