State of Florida (WAS: some thread trolled to death...)

Dru dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 21 12:10:48 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Kevin Kinsey wrote:

> Matt Olander wrote:
>
>> FreeBSD and others make for an excellent desktop operating system once a
>> few kinks
>> have been worked out. My company uses it, the state of Florida uses it
>>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for that.  That was the first I'd heard about Florida.  Pair
> Networks I'd kind of expect.  Wonderful geeks up there.
>
> Incidentally, my company (heh, all one and a half of us) use it on
> the desktop as well.
>
> Now, how to get the word out?

Here's an idea. Create a downloadable pdf (perhaps to also be printed out
for giving away at conferences and advocacy booths) similar in concept to
http://egovos.org/Book .

However, this would be the "BSD Reference Book 2005" and would contain
profiles and contact information for companies using and supporting any of
the BSD operating systems.

I'm in if there's enough interest and help available. We'd need a website
where people could provide contact information for their own companies and
suggest other companies they are aware of. We'd also need a core group of
people to followup on leads, research new contacts and organize the
material. I'd prefer a pdf that incorporated all of the BSDs and which was
organized geographically. This would require getting the other advocacy
lists involved, as well as all of the BUGs we could locate.

Dru