The only worthwhile logo-related comments so far....

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sat Feb 12 23:01:02 PST 2005

Hi,

Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 02:30:59PM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>

> are you really saying that you have had experiences where FreeBSD was
> rejected when it became clear that the project was steered by a small
> group of developers elected from a larger group of developers?  That
> is, was the rejection based on a description of the core group concept
> specifically, or some larger issue of support?

I think with all that snipping - also done by me - my point got turned
to something very different.

The point is the lack of a company supporting FreeBSD like IBM does for
Linux, is a reason for companies not to take FreeBSD as they cannot turn
back to that company if things go wrong.

All the potential user sees is currently this small group called 'core'
which is obviously to small to give the same support like IBM - or any
other huge company - could give.

Even if the support would be locally handled by some small company, the
potential customer just wants to be able to call the big boy in case
something goes the wrong way.

As mentioned before, I know that FreeBSD became what it is because core
exists.

Erich