The only worthwhile logo-related comments so far....

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sat Feb 12 21:24:47 PST 2005

Hi,

Nikolas Britton wrote:
> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>> Again, FreeBSD has never worked that way, but if you think it should
>>> then you should raise the suggestion with core.
>>>
>> Could this be the real reason for the "acceptance" problem?
>>
>> In the same moment, this is also the reason for its strengths. A small
>> number of people "controls" FreeBSD giving it a direction they think
>> is best.
>

> Also remember that the community (committers) voted them into "office"
> to represent and make decisions for us.

Do not get me wrong here. I do not think that this is bad.

I think that this is the reason for the acceptance as it is by companies.

No matter what FreeBSD will do, companies will not accept FreeBSD more
as long as this structure stays like this.

On the other side, it is this structure which made FreeBSD to what
FreeBSD is.

Erich