Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Sat Feb 12 15:48:13 PST 2005

On Feb 12, 2005, at 10:00 PM, Chris Zumbrunn wrote:

>>> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/beastie.gif
>>>
>> [snip]
>
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehorns.gif

Here are some more versions:

http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehornsntail.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehorns2.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehornsntail2.gif

All of these are cleaner, more typical corporate logos compare to the
full Beastie:

http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/beastie.gif

...but using the entire Beastie silhouette is just more appropriate for
the FreeBSD project...

On Feb 12, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:

> Look at linux, everyone knows the linux penguin, but that doesnt stop
> RedHat, Caldera, Debian etc from having professional looking logos.

They are all separate entities from Linux. They are independent
companies that offer distributions. They are not Linux - so they can
not claim the Linux logo for themselves. On the other hand, FreeBSD is
FreeBSD and should use the FreeBSD logo: Beastie.

If Beastie is more representative of the project and its product than
its name, why should we reduce Beastie to a stuffed animal if we can
have Beastie as our logo. If we could rename the entire project to
"Beastie", we probably should ;-)

chris at czv.com  +41 329 41 41 41
Chris Zumbrunn Ventures - http://www.czv.com/
Internet Application Technology - Reduced to the Maximum