Slashdot rejects "BSD is NOT dying" article

Michal Pasternak michal at pasternak.w.lub.pl
Sun Sep 28 15:31:26 PDT 2003

Mike Hoskins [Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:05:13PM -0700]:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> > Everyone should also check
> > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2003/09/01/most_reliable_and_fastest_hosting_company_sites_during_august.html
[...]>
> but we all know that...  and the netcraft results are interesting
> nonetheless.  i think too many people become obsessed with uptime though.
> i can load a desktop machine with just about any OS but Windows, stick it
> in a colo, have it do very little, and it'll have "high uptime".  what
> does that mean really?

Well, just make sure to click each domain and see, what do the guys behind
it really do ;) I am perfectly sure, that their boxes work quite much
everyday.

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Resistance isn't futile, it's voltage divided by amperage