A case of FreeBSD users shooting all FreeBSD users in the foot?

Jonathan j.e.drews at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 10 22:15:18 PDT 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 11:46 pm, Peter Kieser wrote:
> Actually.. in general, it seems to usually be the Linux users that have the
> "RTFM" approach, other then us ourselves. We have an awesome handbook to
> RTFM to, compared to anything that is available for Linux.

 The "If you ask advice, you'll get polite versions of 'RTFM' mostly." may
very well come from the #freebsd irc channel, on freenode.net. I have gone in
there once or twice and witnessed  really rude behavior. #freebsd is an
excellent reason not to use FreeBSD. I would not dare ask a question there; I
think it's run by professional (l337) sysadmin guys who are into sadism.

--
		Kind regards,
		Jonathan