sysctl hw.acpi.acline

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Tue Jun 17 00:29:08 UTC 2014

CeDeROM wrote this message on Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 00:25 +0200:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Anthony Jenkins
> <Anthony.B.Jenkins at att.net> wrote:
> > The absence of hw.acpi.battery and child oids probably implies there is no battery and the system may be assumed to be on line (A/C) power.
>
> Hello Anthony! I would prefer to have that information clearly defined
> in the manual :-) I guessed that this is a quick fix to first check

Which manual?

> the OID existence, but if manual tells there is such OID it should be
> there, even if there is no battery, huh? This is why I consider this
> to be a bug :-)

ACPI have tons of optional stuff that isn't required to be present,
and apparently acline is one of them.  Also, acline is only useful
if there are multiple power sources, what if you have a desktop
machine always running off a battery, if we defaulted acline=1, then
you'd complain that the status is wrong... :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579