ACPI support - Freebsd 10 on Sony Vaio VPCCA3C5E

Anthony Jenkins anthony.b.jenkins at att.net
Mon Jul 21 18:03:58 UTC 2014

Thanks all,  the more feedback the better!

John, yeah it was that & multibyte accesses (which I went ahead & implemented... shouldn't hurt anything).

Also I need to double-check that I allow atrtc unrestricted reads/writes, but restrict ACPI to read-only accesses to the RTC registers. I'll have to look into Ian's concerns about accessing those regs. I know old implementations of the RTC use certain bits for NMI control & stuff.

I'd have replied sooner, but managed to hose my GUI by updating devel/dbus...rebuilding everything now :-(

Anthony
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android