USB ports on Lenovo T400 do not work after a suspend/resume

Bengt Ahlgren bengta at sics.se
Thu Jun 27 12:32:44 UTC 2013

Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au> writes:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:53:43 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>  > On 26 June 2013 12:51, Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:
>  > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:09:20PM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>  > >> [snip] ok, I'll do a boot -v tonight when I get home and log things.
>  > >>
>  > >> Thanks!
>  > >
>  > > Please also try a recent CURRENT. I was having the same issues with dead
>  > > USB ports on my X200, but IIRC it suddenly worked a few weeks ago.
>  > > Unfotunately with the new X.org resuming doesn't work for me, so I can't
>  > > try it now.
>  >
>  > .. having resume not work with xorg is a big, big red flag.
>  >
>  > I'm happy to boot a -head snapshot on this thing, but I can't really
>  > migrate to running -head if resume doesn't work. :(
>
> Well if there's a functional change in head that fixes this on Lars' and
> yours, getting it into stable shouldn't be so hard I expect.  However if
> there's a fix (or some Lenovo workaround) for yours on 9 it'd be useful
> to hunt it down, no?  I utterly depend on 100% working resume too.
>
> We don't yet know if this is a bus, ACPI &/or USB issue.  Home yet? :)

Yes, it would be great to get resume working!  But the USB issues seems
separate from the graphics issues.

My experience with suspend/resume on a TP X201 (Ironlake) with stable/9
(recent as of a couple of days) is as follows:

With just the text console (no X), suspend/resume seems to work, except
that the backlight does not come back on.  (Have not tested Xorg with
vesa driver.)

With Intel/KMS graphics, suspend/resume partly works too.  The backlight
does come back on, but then the graphics wedges with a "GPU hung".  Can
provide logs of this.

I will try head tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.  Last time
I did, there wasn't any.

I have not noticed any USB issues, however, but will make some more
tests.

Bengt