USB ports on Lenovo T400 do not work after a suspend/resume

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Thu Jun 27 11:58:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:53:43 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
 > On 26 June 2013 12:51, Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:
 > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:09:20PM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
 > >> [snip] ok, I'll do a boot -v tonight when I get home and log things.
 > >>
 > >> Thanks!
 > >
 > > Please also try a recent CURRENT. I was having the same issues with dead
 > > USB ports on my X200, but IIRC it suddenly worked a few weeks ago.
 > > Unfotunately with the new X.org resuming doesn't work for me, so I can't
 > > try it now.
 >
 > .. having resume not work with xorg is a big, big red flag.
 >
 > I'm happy to boot a -head snapshot on this thing, but I can't really
 > migrate to running -head if resume doesn't work. :(

Well if there's a functional change in head that fixes this on Lars' and
yours, getting it into stable shouldn't be so hard I expect.  However if
there's a fix (or some Lenovo workaround) for yours on 9 it'd be useful
to hunt it down, no?  I utterly depend on 100% working resume too.

We don't yet know if this is a bus, ACPI &/or USB issue.  Home yet? :)

cheers, Ian