About "acpi0: reservation of ... failed" message in `dmesg`

Dan Lukes dan at obluda.cz
Tue May 11 12:12:36 UTC 2010

On 05/11/10 13:46, John Baldwin:
>>> Our customers are concerned about the following messages in `dmesg`
>>> output.
>>>
>>> ===
>>> acpi0: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed
>>> acpi0: reservation of 100000, bff00000 (3) failed
>>
>> See
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/119356
>
> These messages do not have anything to do with allocating the memory
> used for wakeup from suspend

Such messages are related to problem with ACPI's memory allocation.
Mentioned bug report is related to ACPI's memory allocation problem.

As I fail to make complete analysis of current problem, I can't decide
if both problems have common base or not. I assumed my notice may help
to someone else more skilled not to overlook something already known.

> I'm not sure how they are related to the bug you are reporting

Nor me.

My "see here" doesn't mean "here is explanation and fix" but "here may
be informations that may (or may not) be related to your problem".

Nothing more, nothing less.

It seems to be language problem. English is not my native language. I
will try to be more explicit in the future.

						Dan