notebook display brightness

Ivan B. Serezhkin ivan at serezhkin.com
Mon Oct 22 05:17:05 PDT 2007

Good day.

Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>>  I found a
>> strange problem that I do not want to solve: Fn button-<Lover
>> bright> and Fn - <Raise bright> only works on the console and
>> not working under xorg.
>>

> All I can tell you is that several people have this problem
> (including me), and that it was a regression in one of the last
> Xorg releases, i.e. it used to work.

Thank for this, i used notebooks earlier and never found this problem, i
mistakly thinks that t problem of this model.

>> Also, I am interested in obtaining closing notebook event to
>> execute some scripts.
>>

> Have a look at devd.conf(5)

Thanks again, devd knows acpi - amazing ! =)
But can you poin me to some documentation or articles about programming?
I already read acpi specification and sources of acpiconf and acpidb,
but acpiconf uses limited by driver set of commands, and this is not
enought for real work.
Have we some acpi stack ? Have we well known way to do it ?
If we not have it, i can try to do this stack, but ofcourse i need guide
with this doings =)

--
Ivan B. Serezhkin