notebook display brightness

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 21 12:34:23 PDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 05:29:21AM +0400, Ivan B. Serezhkin
wrote:
> I bought samsung r70, all the data that I have obtained on the
> equipment can be taken from here:
> http://ivan.serezhkin.com/r70/ After patching DSDT, it compiles
> well (only one warinig about nvidia graphics card).  I found a
> strange problem that I do not want to solve: Fn button-<Lover
> bright> and Fn - <Raise bright> only works on the console and
> not working under xorg.

All I can tell you is that several people have this problem
(including me), and that it was a regression in one of the last
Xorg releases, i.e. it used to work.

Have a look at devd.conf(5)