i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 6 04:59:41 PST 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 05:20 pm, Anders Nordby wrote:
>  FreeBSD/i386 (anderstest) (ttyd0)
>
>  login:
>
>  How can I get SMP running? This worked in 5.x and 4.x, I believe.

1) I'll commit the patch to fix the panic later today.

2) Re: SMP, just to make sure, do you have 'device apic' and 'options SMP' in
your kernel?   Also, can you provide the output of 'acpidump -t' so I can see
what your APIC table (MADT) looks like.  Also, does the kernel find SMP if
you disable ACPI?

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org