i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem

Anders Nordby anders at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 3 13:50:08 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/89545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anders Nordby <anders at FreeBSD.org>
To: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, uralmetal at gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:42:01 +0100

 Hi,

 On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:19:37PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
 > Your BIOS is busted.  It's trying to route an interrupt via the FAKE link
 > device that doesn't have any interrupts available.  Can you post your ASL
 > somewhere?

 I just updated to the latest BIOS from HP/Compaq. The latest one is from
 2002 however, this is a bit old (but still very useful) server.

 I just booted it with ACPI disabled, and ASL/DSDT using this command:

 # acpidump -t -d -o anderstest.dsdt > anderstest.asl

 You can download them from
 http://anders.fupp.net/test/anderstest.dsdt and
 http://anders.fupp.net/test/anderstest.asl.

 Cheers,