ACPI errors on amd64 (sempron)

Moore, Robert robert.moore at intel.com
Thu Oct 27 14:45:42 PDT 2005

I've already changed this and released it. I changed the logic around so
that the special case is the misaligned case -- the new code in
actypes.h looks like this:

(under #if ACPI_MACHINE_WIDTH == 64)

/*
 * In the case of the Itanium Processor Family (IPF), the hardware does
not
 * support misaligned memory transfers. Set the
MISALIGNMENT_NOT_SUPPORTED flag
 * to indicate that special precautions must be taken to avoid alignment
faults.
 * (IA64 or ia64 is currently used by existing compilers to indicate
IPF.)
 *
 * Note: EM64T and other X86-64 processors do support misaligned
transfers,
 * so there is no need to define this flag.
 */
#if defined (__IA64__) || defined (__ia64__)
#define ACPI_MISALIGNMENT_NOT_SUPPORTED
#endif