i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem

Anders Nordby anders at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 31 04:30:12 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR i386/89545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anders Nordby <anders at FreeBSD.org>
To: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, uralmetal at gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:27:28 +0100

 Hi,

 On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 10:34:15PM +0100, Anders Nordby wrote:
 > (..)

 For the record. I just tried using 6.0-STABLE as of december 30. It
 still hangs:

 acpi0: <COMPAQ MICRO> on motherboard
 acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
 unknown: I/O range not supported

 But now it stops earlier, or at least it doesn't print the pci_link<n>:
 lines.

 Applying the printf patch then, I get:

 acpi0: <COMPAQ MICRO> on motherboard
 acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
 unknown: I/O range not supported
 attach started
 pci_link0: calling _CRS
 pci_link0: _CRS returned AE_OK
 pci_link0: num_links = 0
 attach started

 Phew, luckily acpi is a module, so I only need to recompile it instead
 of the whole kernel. I had ACPI problems with FreeBSD 6 on other Compaq
 servers as well, one DL 580. Once we get this solved for DL 360 I can try
 with the 580 (it is in production, so I can not easily take it down when
 I want -- but it would be nice to use both CPUs on it ;-)).

 Cheers,

 --
 Anders.