Z00Q Problem Tyan MB!

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Fri Dec 23 09:11:37 PST 2005

Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 02:23:56PM -0600, Gnu_Raiz wrote:
>
>>Hi: developers, fellow users!
>>
>>After reading the manual, and trying different things to get the acpi error
>>message's from showing up in boot output. I have come to you for help in
>>solving this problem.
>>
>>After doing a google search it seems that Tyan has a problem with their MB's
>>and especially their acpi regarding the Z00Q errors.  It seems that many
>>people have the error's I have, but after reading up on the threads, I have
>>not seen a solution posted. I have seen a few people give up, but no
>>solutions. I am using a Tyan Tiger MP 2460 motherboard with 2 mp 1.2 chips,
>>with an smp kernel. So far I don't think that these errors are fatal, as
>>others have mentioned, it just looks bad.
>>
>>I am running FreeBSD Raiz_mpx.midsouth.rr.com 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD
>>6.0-RELEASE #2: Sun Dec 18 17:44:34 CST 2005
>>rcall at Raiz_mpx.midsouth.rr.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MPXSMPKERNEL
>>i386
>>
>>Here is the sysctl hw.acpi information.
>>-------
>>hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
>>hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
>>hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
>>hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
>>hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
>>hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
>>hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
>>hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
>>hw.acpi.verbose: 1
>>hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
>>hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
>>hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
>>hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00%
>>---------
>>
>>Here is the sample boot -v with acpi enabled. Of course this goes on for
>>like 20 lines, If you really need all of dmesg then I would be happy to post
>>the rest.
>>---------
>>in  ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z00Q] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
>>SearchNode 0xc2251d40 StartNode 0xc2251d40 ReturnNode 0
>>    ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed
>>[\\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.SIO_.COM2._S
>>TA] (Node 0xc229d0a0), AE_NOT_FOUND
>>    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z00Q] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
>>    ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed
>>[\\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.SIO_.COM1._S
>>---------
>

> A real first read of your report would suggest that something is broken
> in your bios for detecting serial ports.
>

>>If I boot with acpi disabled, I get pnp errors on one of my device's, so I
>>really need to use acpi even with the error messages. I have looked in the
>>bios for different options to turn on and off, but with no success. When I
>>compile my .asl file I get these results.
>>------------
>>Raiz_mpx# iasl rcall-TyanMP2460.asl
>>
>>Intel ACPI Component Architecture
>>ASL Optimizing Compiler / AML Disassembler version 20041119 [Nov  3 2005]
>>Copyright (C) 2000 - 2004 Intel Corporation
>>Supports ACPI Specification Revision 2.0c

> [...]

You can work around this problem with info from PR kern/89879

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/acer_ferrari/

A future acpica import may address this problem.  The aml is accessing a
field before it's defined.  The newest acpica adds support for lazy
evaluation (even though this is out of spec).

--
Nate