ACPI-0220: *** Error: Unable to install System Control Interrupt Handler, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Dec 12 14:57:40 PST 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> I updated my BIOS on an AMD64 machine to check if it improves some
> other things and got following with HEAD from around 12-08 (before
> the last amd64/jhb commits I think) and with HEAD from today (after
> these updates).
>
> RELENG_6 from beginning of December seems to be fine.

>  AMD Features=0xe2500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,LM,3DNow+,3DNow>
>  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>

for the records:

This line (new BIOS)
Features=0x78bf9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>
should read like this (old BIOS)
Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>

The APIC is missing and it turned out that this is a BIOS and not a
FreeBSD problem.