Tyan Tiget S5351-i7322 hangs with ACPI (AMD64 or i386)

Robert Faulds Robert.Faulds at voxify.com
Fri Dec 2 20:56:07 GMT 2005

FreeBSD-AMD64 (Same behavior with i386)
Tyan S5351 dual XEON
4GB RAM

I can not boot this motherboard with acpi enabled. It consistently
times-out while trying to attach disks to the controller. The stock
controller is a LSI 1030 but with an Adaptec 2130SLP it hangs in the
same place.

I've tried 6.0-RELEASE, 6.0-STABLE(from Tuesday), and 5.4-STABLE with
and without drives attached to the controllers. All exhibit the same
behavior.
I've posted a few dmesg's of various sorts. I'm currently building a
kernel with ACPI-DEBUG an will post the results shortly. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

http://xocolatl.com/rfaulds/freebsd-acpi

TIA,
Robert