Fan Control Success on IBM T40?

Lukas Ertl le at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 27 12:32:23 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jeffrey Katcher wrote:

> I've been playing with adaptive power management for my Thinkpad T40, running
> an up-to-date current with ACPI.  While I can cycle the clock on demand, I'm
> noticing that once the fan comes on, it stays on.

You probably can't do anything against that, I'm seeing it too on my T40.

There are many discussions about the "T40 fan problem" in newsgroups,
seems like IBM botched this model.  I've heard from inofficial sources
that it's a problem with the on-board temperature sensor, so maybe you can
solve this by replacing the system board.

cheers,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                           http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/