Space problems with svn-cur

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Mar 13 01:02:35 UTC 2016

On 03/12/2016 03:59 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> "Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" wrote:
>> The svn repository is now getting so large that the CTM generating
>> computer is running out of disk space when it creates the xEmpty deltas
>> for svn-cur.  The easist band-aid fix is for me to simply stop
>> generating these xEmpty deltas.  Since CTM is no longer FreeBSD
>> approved, I'm going to assume that no-one new is going to join, and
>> hence this is not a problem.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Hi Stephen
> There's plenty of space on ctm.berklix.org

The issue is that there isn't enough space to create the xEmpty deltas.
 There is plenty of space to store the deltas.

The svn repositories add up to about 35GB.  Fully compressed, they
shrink to about 4GB.

I'll look into other solutions.  But I also get a feeling I am putting a
lot of effort into something that is only used by a very few people.

Stephen