Space problems with svn-cur

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Mar 12 10:47:07 UTC 2016

"Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" wrote:
> The svn repository is now getting so large that the CTM generating
> computer is running out of disk space when it creates the xEmpty deltas
> for svn-cur.  The easist band-aid fix is for me to simply stop
> generating these xEmpty deltas.  Since CTM is no longer FreeBSD
> approved, I'm going to assume that no-one new is going to join, and
> hence this is not a problem.
>
> Comments?

Hi Stephen
There's plenty of space on ctm.berklix.org

Its not that ctm is no longer approved, just that freebsd.org didnt
want to devote net assets to it, as most there are happy to rely on pull
technology, & only a minority appreciate the benefit push technology
brings to those with only intermittent or slow net access.

Some other sectors of the internet have menawhile moved the other way,
encouraging a move from pull to push, eg one can subscribe to podcast
news updates by mail.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.eu/jhs/
 Mail plain text,  No quoted-printable, HTML, base64, MS.doc.