Yamaha CRW6416 not recognized

Geoffrey Goodrum ggoodrum at perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov
Thu Sep 14 11:58:03 PDT 2000

You might try the latest aic-7xxx driver update (5.1.31) from
http://people.redhat.com/dledford/.  Driver updates for RH6.2 are
available there.

Another list member reported similar problems with the Yamaha
CRW-8424S and the Adaptec driver, so you might search the list archive
for that, though I don't recall a solution (just suggestions from yours
truly).  Look for "Another 2930U problem" posted on August 23.

I also have a CRW-6416S, but I use a symbios x875 adapter (Diamond
Fireport 40).  All I can add is that the drive works fine with the generic
SCSI mmc3 driver setting in X-CDRoast.

Geof