aic7xxx timeout errors on boot

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 20:54:39 PST 2000


On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Jim Shepherd wrote:

> Is there any work being done to resolve these timeout errors.  It seems
> that at least a few people are hampered by them.  As mentioned before, I
> am willing to help in any way. I do not have any background in
> programming drivers, but I can apply patches and will provide any
> information about the system or errors even if it requires re-entering
> by hand the boot-up messages.
> 

Try turning down or off the Syncronous negtiation speeds in the Adaptec
BIOS area and see if that makes a difference on your drive.  Also make
sure you aren't enabling the PROBE_ALL_LUNS options in the SCSI
configuration area when building your kernel.

-- 
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but
      they should be everybody's.



To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message




More information about the aic7xxx mailing list