Redhat 6.1 and 7895 chipset

Simon Gornall simon at unique-id.com
Thu Nov 25 08:28:56 PST 1999

Ok, this has now been resolved. *All* of the memory dimms were
screwed. I'd expected at least one of them (from 4!)to be ok
when testing the memory.

It's 100% repeatable if any of the faulty dimms are in any
socket, and works fine when I use other memory. The new stuff
claims to be PC133 standard - I would have thought that would
be OK on a 100MHz bus. Perhaps a bad batch.

So, the SCSI seems blameless after all :-)

ATB,
        Simon.