Serious BIOS problem!

Tim Fletcher tim at night-shade.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 15:20:34 PDT 1999

> How does one turn off the bios?  I cannot get to the Ctrl-A part of the boot
> because the bios crashes by that time.  I do not see any jumpers that turn
> off the bios either.

Sorry can't really help on that one, just a suggestion I came up with.

One thing to try is in main bios see if there is anything about booting
other bios / setting aside memory for them and turn this off.

Also if you can get your hands on a second card for a few hours I think
that the first bios booted cotrols both cards. So if you arange the cards
right then you can get the good one to boot the bad one and then reflash
the bad one.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov