boot-problem with 2940 and linux 2.2.13

Andreas Benker Andreas.Benker at himh1.hi.bosch.de
Thu Dec 23 06:35:29 PST 1999

I have a problem with a self-built 2.2.13 Kernel which includes the Adaptec
2940 SCSI driver.
The adapter is recognized but booting stopps with a kernel panic:
scsi : 2 hosts.
(scsi0:0:0:0) Invalid SCB during SEQINT 0x71, scb 0, flags 0x0, cmd 0x0.
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 21, scsi1, channel 0 , id 0,
lun 0 Inquiry 00 00 00 ff 00
Kernel panic: aic7xxx: AWAITING_MSG for an SCB that does not have a waiting
message.
In swapper task - not syncing
(STOP)
I know there is a new driver for the 2940 in the SuSE 6.3 distr., but I need
to use the original kernel wich includes the old one.
Can someone help me ?

--
Besten Gruß - best regards
Andreas

Andreas Benker
Student, FH Wolfenbüttel

zur Zeit :
Robert Bosch GmbH
Zentralbereich Forschung und Vorausentwicklung
Abteilung K6-SM/ENG
Postfach 77 77 77
31132 Hildesheim (Germany)

Tel. +49-5121-49-4979