AIC7XXX for SMP kernel

Robert L. Brown Jr. rbrownjr at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 13 15:29:15 PST 1999

Can anybody tell me what version of Linux has an aic7xxx driver
that will work in an SMP compiled kernel?

I compiled 2.2.13, 2.2.5-12, 2.2.12-20 and both have bad aic7xxx drivers
for SMP compiled kernels. I keep getting reset and timout loops on my
2940UW Adaptec card everytime during boot.

Has anyone with an SMP board and an Adaptec 2940 successfully compiled a
Linux kernel and the aic7xxx driver that work?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert L. Brown Jr.