Adaptech 2930cu

Steve VanDeBogart vandebo at bob.reno.nv.us
Sat Aug 21 17:59:58 PDT 1999

Hello,

  I'm trying to get a 2930cu working on my Linux system.

When I compile aic7xxx as a module, and try to insert it, I get the error,
device or resource busy.  I've checked the irq, and io port, and there does
not appear to be a conflict.  I even tried changing the irq from 12 to 11.
The IO-Port the card uses is 0xe800.  When I try to compile it in, right
after the LILO prompt, I get the message, "Wrong Loader.  Giving up."

The main chip on the card says:
Adaptech
BQEB915
742211
BK3565

I'm running 2.2.9.  I also get the Wrong Loader message with 2.2.11

/proc/pci has the following entry:

  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    SCSI storage controller: Adaptec Unknown device (rev 3).
      Vendor id=9004. Device id=3860.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=4.
      I/O at 0xe800 [0xe801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe6400000 [0xe6400000].

The Adaptech website (www.adaptec.com/support/faqs/aha2930cuhardware.html)
says the following:

Q: What is the AIC used on the 2930 Retail SCSI Card?

A: AIC is 7859BT (PCI ID 3860, sub ID 3869).

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.  Even if it's just,
"This card isn't supported, yet or ever."

TIA

Steve VanDeBogart
vandebo at bob.reno.nv.us
vandebo at uclink.berkeley.edu