Adaptec 2940U2W and new 2.110 bios

Michael Nelson nelson at seahunt.imat.com
Sun Apr 25 03:59:24 PDT 1999

-> I'm not sure what you did, but the boot log above is from the 5.1.14
-> driver and it has a known bug in relation to the handling of PPR
-> messages between the IBM drive and the driver.  It was fixed in 5.1.15.
-> I think you need to find out how/why you aren't using a kernel with the
-> 5.1.15 driver and then update to it and your problem should go away.

Yep, I'm an idiot.  I THOUGHT I had the 5.1.15 driver in there (you had
emailed me just the aic7xxx.c file for it at one point), but I didn't.  I
put the 5.1.15 driver in, and the problem has ceased.  Sorry for the false
alarm!

Michael

--

Michael Nelson             San Francisco, CA             nelson at imat.com