No subject

Oliver Kronawithleithner oliver.kronawithleithner at fh-sbg.ac.at
Sun Apr 25 01:55:52 PDT 1999

Hay people, I have some troubles with the driver aic7xxx.o included in
the suse distribution vol 6.1 with the kernelversion is 2.2.3.

My Hardware consists of  adaptec 2940w one plextor drive and a "tayo uden" burner.

Under Windows no problems !!!!!

Under Linux:
The driver aic7xxx includet in suse Linux 6.1 works perfectly without the  "tayo uden" burner.

When i connect this burner to the bus, a neverending sequence of timeouts and resets can
be watched on alt-F10.

How can i remove this ? Is there a way which make the driver ignoring the tayo uden on SCSI-ID2.

I had suse vers 5.0 with the kernel 2.0.3 and an aic7xxx driver which worked perfectly.
Can i use this old driver in the new system ?

can u help me or give me a recompiled driver from the old suse 5.0 which works with
the kernel 2.2.3 ?

Would be nice to hear something from u .

Thanks