pre10 hangs with Linux 2.1.122

I. Harold Oga ogah at home.com
Tue Sep 22 14:49:59 PDT 1998

At 09:19 AM 9/22/98 , you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>after sucessfully patching Linux 2.1.122 with the pre10 patch, my machine
hangs
>while booting. Interestingly enough, this happens not while the AIC 7890 is
>initialized or my harddisks are detected, but while the machine tries to
mount
>its swap partition. With 2.0.35, everything works fine.
>As this is my first attempt with 2.1.122 and an AIC 7890, has anybody got a
>clue
>wether this problem is related to the kernel version or to the AIC driver?
>
>BTW: the machine is equipped with an ASUS-P2B-LS board, my distribution is a
>fairly updated SuSE 5.2.
>
>Greetings
>Michael

Hi,
	Check your logs and see what scsi id the aic7xxx pre10 driver thinks your
controller is at.  I had a problem with pre10 where the driver though my
2910C was
at id 0 instead of id 7.  Doug Ledford sent me a revised aic7xxx.c that
fixed that
problem.

I. Harold Oga                      | Email: ogah at home.com
Systems Enterprises Ltd.           | Voice: (403) 244 9738
#211, 1624 16th Ave SW             |
Calgary, AB, T3C 1A1               | "Life Sucks, Deal with it!!"