pre10 hangs with Linux 2.1.122

Michael Kunze mkunze at ivw.de
Tue Sep 22 08:20:16 PDT 1998

Hi all,

after sucessfully patching Linux 2.1.122 with the pre10 patch, my machine hangs
while booting. Interestingly enough, this happens not while the AIC 7890 is
initialized or my harddisks are detected, but while the machine tries to mount
its swap partition. With 2.0.35, everything works fine.
As this is my first attempt with 2.1.122 and an AIC 7890, has anybody got a clue
wether this problem is related to the kernel version or to the AIC driver?

BTW: the machine is equipped with an ASUS-P2B-LS board, my distribution is a
fairly updated SuSE 5.2.

Greetings
Michael