Question on MMAPIO ...

Patrick Mau mau at do.isst.fhg.de
Sat Sep 5 17:50:43 PDT 1998

Hallo Adaptec users,

I really don't want to bother you with reposts of my previous
messages, but it was me who wrote about a week ago about the
prblems related to MMAPIO on Linux.

So here is my question again:

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Patrick Mau wrote:

> It would be nice if someone could explain the difference between
> memory-mapped and traditional I/O. I don't understand why the driver
> works with this small change.

And the question remains the same ...

I really want to help improving the drivers stability and if
someone could explain why MMAPIO has so much impact on
timing-critival driver operations I would be really thankful.

I'm pretty sure it's a timing problem, because I flooded the code
with mdelay calls between I/O operations and the problem occurs
less frequently.

please don't ignore this issue,
Patrick