linux: the tag that wouldn't die?

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at narnia.plutotech.com
Tue May 19 09:46:56 PDT 1998

In article <3560AC5B.81639C32 at dialnet.net> you wrote:
>> I also have some problems with PCI parity on some motherboards.
>
> This appears to be very motherboard specific (some motherboards won't issue
> a PCI parity interrupt no matter what you do, and there are a few that won't
> stop issuing them).  So, the 5.0.15 driver disables the PCI parity checking
> by default and you have to tell it to turn the checks on.

Are you sure this isn't caused by using I/O instructions instead memory
mapped I/O.  This was a common problem on a few steppings of the P6 and
was one of the main reasons I initially added memory mapped I/O support.

I've never had anyone report PCI parity errors like this with the FreeBSD
driver when using memory mapped I/O.

--
Justin