Adaptec 2842 VLB, aic7xxx and zip-drive

Michel Munnix Michel.Munnix at ping.be
Thu Mar 26 10:42:53 PST 1998

Michel Munnix wrote:

> I tested your patch. Well, it doesn't work but there were two new messages  at
> the very top of the screen :
>
> (scsi0:0:4:0) SCSISIGI 0x0 SEQADDR 0x1, SSTAT0 0x7, SSTAT1 0x0
> (scsi0:0:4:0) invalid SCB ID 29 is active, SCB flags=0x404
>
> the rest is similar to the output of the 5.0.8 driver
>
> Staying ready to test an other patch ...

I now realise I probably missed some messages because the driver was set
to much verbose (0xffff) so here follows the transcription of messages
without verbose:

detected CDrom sr0 at scsi 0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 8, scsi 0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0
Test unit ready 00 00 00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 8) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 8) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
(scsi0:0:4:0) Invalid SCB ID 29 is active, scbflags=0x404
SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 8) timed out - trying harder

and so on ...

Hope it helps, greetings, Michel