Adaptec 2842 VLB, aic7xxx and zip-drive

Michel Munnix Michel.Munnix at ping.be
Tue Mar 24 15:07:41 PST 1998

Doug Ledford wrote:

> testing.  So, I've attached a test patch to this email.  If it works for
> people, this will become the new 5.0.9 driver.  The patch applies against an
> already 5.0.8 kernel.  If this works, then I'll give a more complete
> description of what the problem was since 5.0.8 technically should have been
> more reliable in regards to the REQINIT handler than 5.0.7, but I think the
> changes I made uncovered a second bug in the REQINIT system that Justin
> might be interested in.

I tested your patch. Well, it doesn't work but there were two new messages  at
the very top of the screen :

(scsi0:0:4:0) SCSISIGI 0x0 SEQADDR 0x1, SSTAT0 0x7, SSTAT1 0x0
(scsi0:0:4:0) invalid SCB ID 29 is active, SCB flags=0x404

the rest is similar to the output of the 5.0.8 driver

Staying ready to test an other patch ...

Michel