aha2940 + abit motherboard...

. quon at ifu.net
Thu Mar 12 14:21:25 PST 1998

I have an aha2940 UW with a seagate baracuda off of an ABIT motherboard.
The os that this box is running on is FreeBSD 2.2.5. The machine runs fine
once it's boots up. The problem is that when I "warm" boot the machine,
the adaptec bios text that asks me to "Press Control-a" to configure
adaptec bios does not appear - causing the machine to fail to boot.
Fortunately, if I cold boot it, the controller bios message does come up
again and the box boots up freebsd fine without any problems. Anyone know
why this is happening or a way of forcing the controller detection screen
to come up no matter what?

Thanks for any help or pointers,
 Anthony QUon