IBM 4.1gb drive, I can only format half of it!

John Kennedy jk at csuchico.edu
Thu Mar 12 14:08:30 PST 1998

[Doug Ledford]
>  Try actually putting a partition on the drive that uses the whole drive and
>  doing a mke2fs on that.  If that doesn't work, I would guess that the
>  problem is in the glibc version of mke2fs.

  I ran into a problem doing e2fsck on a > 2G partition when I first upgraded
to glibc-2.0.6.  Ulrich Drepper said that the "ext2 utils use llseek without
specifying an prototype" and mentioned some disagreement with Tytso.

  I believe they are alpha or beta on a glibc-friendly version of the ext2fs.
I could swear I saw an announcement for that a while back.
								--- john